Hi, and welcome to my blog. Things are really changing here at the Counselling Center, With the new blog we now have access to many more people than ever before.
I am hoping to use this blog as a forum to keep people up to date with everything that is happening here at the center.
In the last few years the center has offered the following group experiences in addition to our regular counselling activities:
- Self-esteem Workshop
- Anger Management Workshop
- Support Group for Women over 200 pounds
- ‘STEP’ Program for Parenting
- Job Search Workshop
- Stress Reduction Program: A number of new groups to be offered this year are still in the planning stage. The following are definite:
- Support Group for Women over 200 pounds: A friendly, caring and welcoming group which meets once a week to discuss issues concerning weight, health and motivation. Meetings are held Wednesdays 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. and are free of charge.
- Group Therapy: A small group of 6 to 10 people with various problems. Offered to those who have had previous individual counselling and would like to move on to a new experience. In certain cases it may be appropriate for those who cannot afford to pursue individual counselling. Acceptance into the group by a physician’s referral is automatic. All other applicants will be evaluated by the or 25.00 weekly.
I hope that you have enjoyed visiting my site and have had an opportunity to follow some of the links, if you have any questions or problems do not hesitate to contact me.